Smalley Law Firm Menu Contact
Discuss Your Case With
An Experienced Lawyer Today
A Standard OfExcellence

criminal defense Archives

How can I get out of jail after an arrest?

If you find yourself on the wrong side of the law and wind up arrested, you will most likely need to post bail in order to get out. If the offense is minor and the jail is at capacity, you might get lucky and be able to get released on your own recognizance. This is sometimes abbreviated to "ROR," and means that you sign a document promising that, if released, you will return for all of your court appearances.

Norman man faces manslaughter charge in June wreck

A 30-year-old man from Norman remains locked up in the Pittsburg County Jail in McAlester after being arrested for first-degree manslaughter related to a fatal collision back in June. His bond is set at $100,000. However, authorities in McClain County placed a hold against him, as this week a judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest. The felony warrant stems from an alleged "false declaration of ownership in pawn," court records indicate.

Meet The Attorneys

Email us for a response

Tell us about your case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Smalley Law Firm
305 East Comanche Street
Norman, OK 73069

Phone: 405-322-5653
Fax: 405-801-2220
Map & Directions