Protecting The Rights Of Your Child When Faced With Juvenile Crimes

For most parents, a phone call from the authorities explaining that their son or daughter has been arrested is one of the most frightening and unsettling moments of their lives. At Smalley Law Firm, we understand that each person reacts to these incidents differently. Whether you are angry, feel ashamed or simply want to do whatever you can to help your child, our criminal defense attorney can help you protect your child's future.

Straightforward Explanations To Help You Address Difficult Decisions

Depending on the type and severity of the crime, your child (18 or younger) can be charged in either the juvenile courts, as a youthful offender in the district court, or be subject to adult sentence in the district courts. These distinctions will have a significant lasting impact on your child's future. We will clearly outline the potential consequences, your options and develop a strategy for achieving a favorable outcome.

All too often, juvenile offenses are the result of an impulsive act of youthfulness. In some cases, repeat offenses can quickly turn into more serious charges and consequences. More than just probation, time spent in a juvenile detention center or juvenile halfway houses, a juvenile or criminal conviction can limit your child's opportunities for future employment and education. We want to help your child avoid any long-term consequences that may compromise his or her future opportunities.

Whether your child faces any of the charges listed below or has run into trouble with the law for another alleged offense, we encourage you to contact us and speak with a lawyer who understands the juvenile justice system:

  • Assault and other violent crimes
  • Drug offenses, including distribution and possession
  • Rape and other sex crimes
  • Traffic crimes
  • Vandalism and other property crimes
  • DUI and minor in possession of alcohol
  • Homicide and manslaughter
  • Theft, shoplifting or burglary
  • Weapons and firearms possession

Reach Out For Representation And Counsel If Your Child Faces Juvenile Charges

I have spent extensive time representing children accused of crimes in the Juvenile system as a public defender. Now in private practice I can help the child and the parents understand the process and help them navigate the court system through to the end of the case whether that be through a probationary term or to a trial or hearing before a judge to determine guilt.

Our team of attorneys at Smalley Law Firm has years of experience handling a wide variety of family law, criminal and various other types of legal issues. In some cases, there is significant overlap between these practice areas. When you or a loved one requires legal counsel, contact us and discover how we can help you get a clear picture of your options.

Call 405-322-5653 or contact our Norman law offices by submitting anonline contact from. We promptly respond to calls and online inquiries.